Whether it is for a shared family car, a one-person commute vehicle or a simple runabout, many are discovering the peace of mind that comes with being able to track a stolen vehicle, receive regular feedback on their driving, and access clear, precise information in the event of an accident.
Those with large fleets of vehicles have long understood the benefits of having tracker car insurance in place. Below we take a look at some of the reasons why it proves so useful to big businesses as well as how the resulting savings can have an impact on us all.
The attractions of tracker car insurance to businesses
1. Reduced fuel expenditure – The cost of petrol can really hit the pockets of a business. By having a tracker system in place, a business can encourage fuel efficient driving, efficient routing, and can ensure that vehicles are being used honestly. The savings can be considerable and in some cases may even be as much as 20 percent. This could mean savings on the prices of their products – fantastic news for their customers.
2. Increasing productivity – Employees who are aware that their daily driving habits are visible to their employer are more likely to try to improve their productivity. This might mean that a delivery driver is less likely to stop in the lay-by for an unscheduled nap or donut break.
3. Visibility – Tracking systems allow fleet managers to view the locations and movements of their fleets. This means that goods are locatable and more easily accounted for in the event of an emergency.
4. Safety – This goes hand in hand with the point above, and is particularly useful for employees who might be in some sort of danger – for example, couriers who carry high value items. By being able to pinpoint the location of a vehicle, employers can better look after both their goods and their employees.
5. Better driving – By allowing access to their essential driving data, tracker car insurance empowers all drivers (those employed to drive and domestic users) to become better and safer behind the wheel. This can save money and, more importantly, potentially save lives on the road.
6. Kinder to the environment – Tracking systems enable businesses to better monitor driving and carbon output, and they can also help promote the kind of acceleration and braking patterns that are kinder to the environment.
The evolution in car insurance you want to keep track of
With Drive Wiser tracker car insurance there are no penalties, no curfews and no restrictions. Your driving data is available to you on your dashboard for your own education and to help you stay safe and legal on the road, and we can use it to help you if you are involved in an accident, your vehicle is stolen, and, of course, at renewal time – so that we can offer you the best price possible on your renewal cover.
Click on the ‘Get a Quote' button now to see how you could benefit from Drive Wiser's telematics cover.